Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy 50th Birthday President Obama! I'll join you on August 25th

OK, it is a fact, you can't fence time, but you can definitely walk the fence!  Don't come at me with the..."embrace your age" crap either.  I will be turning 50 too, on August 25th.  Writing that down almost makes me gag.  Really?  I still can't believe it.  I had kids late, they(AKA Turbo Twins) just turned 8 years old.  So for me, taking care of myself isn't a matter of vanity or ego.  It is all about wanting to be around and functioning as they go though life.  I stay strong and fit not because I want to brag about doing a 24KG Turkish Get Up.  I am more along the lines of I want to be able to carry that 50 pound four person tube up 4 flights of stairs at Hurricane Harbor so I can ride the Tornado with my twins. (Best water park ride EVER!)  And I want to do it more than one time too!
I also want to be an example of health to my kids.  Exercising correctly, having fun outside, and eating fruits and veggies, I do all of that.  Yes, I will eat my birthday cake.  But in moderation.
So President Obama,  Happy 50th Birthday!   I really hope you did stop smoking, I hope you learn to swing a Kettlebell (I will teach you if you want), and I hope you listen to your wife and eat more fruits and veggies.
I will keep walking that fence, the dance to age well.  Putting one foot in front of the other, staying in balance, and keeping my eye on the future.  I have so much to live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment