Monday, July 11, 2011

I don't want to be a menopausal marshmallow

A few of my friends are or have been going through  "the change".  YUK, I think.  Just as soon as you get your body figured out after adolescence, then post pregnancy, you have to deal with this curve ball Mother Nature throws at you.  I am so not wanting to deal with this.  Most women my age have that apple body look that comes from reduced hormone production that leads to belly fat.  I am praying that because I have kept up with weight training and the metabolic training that I do I won't have that rapid change in body composition.  I want to avoid the Menopausal Marshmallow look.

I try to eat a pretty clean diet, but you know, chocolate chip cookies and Dewar's ice cream are really good.  I give in sometimes, but always return to what I know makes me feel better.  I work out.  Some of these women have told me that lifting weights will make them look big.  Wait....fat sags, muscle doesn't and muscle keep your metabolism up and running.  My plan is just to keep doing my thing, I know I am training the best way I know how to keep moving and keep strong.  Most of all, the only marshmallow I want to see is not around my belly.  It will be in a s'more because I train properly, I can indulge sometimes without inflating.

No comments:

Post a Comment