Thursday, December 9, 2010

Welcome!


Hi All,
For years many people have always told me I should be a personal trainer.  I studied classical ballet for 20 years or so, danced professionally, did undergraduate studies in ballet, anatomy, kinesiology, and physiology.  I have a strong movement background and have always helped friends out at the gym.  I also love to rock climb.  Two years ago while taking Spinning classes, the instructors once again told me I should teach.  This time I decided to give it a try and so began my formal career as a fitness professional.  I took the Schwinn Cycle Instructor's class and began teaching classes at Lifetime Fitness in Lawrenceville, GA (AKA..Team Shuga).  I loved it. 

My husband had began learning kettlebells during his travels and we found a great instructor in Atlanta.  Delaine Ross gave me my first kettlebell lesson.  I loved it.  I took what I learned, bought a kettlebell and began training in my basement.  It really fit my lifestyle.  I worked full time as a Title 1 Coordinator, I have school aged twins, taught cycle classes.  I was busy.  It was great to become more proficient with the KB because I could just go in my basement with one kettlebell and BAM!  Cardio and weight training DONE!  I was hooked and started going to KB workshops held at Delaine's gym.  I met Brett Jones and learned a whole new way of using the KB to correct the bad movement patterns that had crept up on my body.  He told me to get with Doc Cheng when I move back to LA.  So began my quest to pass the RKC.  With the help of Doc Cheng and my husband Ron, I passed the RKC in August 2010.  I also passed the American Council on Exercise Personal Trainer exam this past year.  I am ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment